Special Needs Captain
Purpose: To recruit, manage, and direct the Special Needs team in preparation for the conference. Provide tangible servant leadership during the conference to troubleshoot, encourage, support and direct Special Needs team. Assist the men with Special Needs attending the conference. Ensure every church within your sphere of influence actively partner in sending men to the conference.
Reports to: Conference Services Group II Leader
Works closely with: Facilities Captain, and Food Team
- Recruit the Special Needs team
- Help to ensure the conference is “SOLD OUT”
- Attend scheduled conference leadership planning/prayer meetings to ensure:
- Volunteer Conference Job Descriptions are handed out
- Understanding of Conference Team Roster/Overview
- All volunteer paperwork is completed
- Volunteer positions are filled in accordance with Volunteer Position & Shift Schedule
- Understand recruiting methods, resources, and strategies
- Motivate, instruct and supervise special needs team
- Acquire a complete working knowledge of the venue on Friday of the conference, specifically related to special needs in the areas of entrances, parking, restrooms, elevators, first aid and seating areas
- Develop special needs plan including a copy of venue map (if available) delineating handicap entrances, parking, restrooms, elevators, and first aid
- Oversee Special Needs team to ensure attendees with special needs are receiving appropriate care
- Ensure the team is in place as scheduled.
- Ensure that Special Needs seating is set up in coordination with the your Conference Services Group II Leader and Facilities Captain, reserving seats and rows as necessary
- Coordinate with Facilities Captain and/or R&DTL in the event special needs section requires additional seating.