The completely free 2-hour online Marriage Summit on Jan. 23 brings together the most trusted voices with emerging authorities to empower men to build strong marriages in stressful times.
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. — Promise Keepers (PK) was the greatest men’s movement in modern times. In the 1990’s, seven million men stood up to be faithful to Christ. As Dr. Jack Hayford said at one stadium event, “We’ve come to stand together, hearing the call of God from the eternal Word and scriptures that there would be a man who would stand in the gap.” Those men kneeled, shoulder to shoulder, across racial and denominational barriers, praying to God in confession and brokenness, and crying out to Him for forgiveness and victory. Then they stood up, determined to be men of integrity in their marriages, their families, their churches, and their communities.
During that era, men learned the secrets of leading a thriving, God-honoring home from a host of powerful communicators — secrets that were diametrically opposed to the political correctness of the culture.
In a pandemic-shaped world of 2021, men need these secrets more than ever. Not every marriage is in distress, but every marriage could be better, and it’s the responsibility of men to be the thermostat and not the thermometer.
To empower men to build strong marriages in stressful times, Promise Keepers is launching two timely initiatives in January and February that bring back marriage experts Gary Rosberg, Crawford Loritts, Samuel Rodriguez, Brad Stine, and Dan Seaborn to impact a whole new generation of men.
Initiative 1: Promise Keepers’ First Online Marriage Summit for Men
The PK Marriage Summit, a completely free and fast-paced 2-hour experience, is designed to benefit all men, whether they are married, engaged, single, or divorced. Men can participate in
the Marriage Summit in groups at church, home, base, or dorm or as individuals online on Jan. 23.
Speakers drawn from PK alumni include:
● Dr. Gary Rosberg, co-founder of the international ministry, “America’s Family Coaches,” and bestselling author with wife Barb of multiple books and videos on marriage and family with nearly one million in print.
● Crawford Loritts, pastor of Fellowship Bible Church, board member for CRU, Family Life, and Chick-fil-A Inc, and author of Your Marriage Today…And Tomorrow
● Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC), author of From Survive to Thrive and Promise Keepers board member
● Dan Seaborn, founder of Winning At Home, Inc. and leader for the Marriage & Family Division of the American Association of Christian Counselors. His goal is to provide practical, biblical insight into marriage and family issues.
● Brad Stine, known as the man that revolutionized and launched the new era of Christian comedy in America. Brad’s comedy allows him to be a missionary to America, bringing the gospel in unique ways to influence the cultural narrative.
Joining the alumni for the marriage summit will be:
● Dr. Gary Chapman, counselor and author of The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, which has been a New York Times bestseller for 10 years running.
● John Bevere, co-founder of Messenger International and bestselling author. Over 40 million copies of his resources have been given away worldwide.
● Jimmy Evans, founder and CEO of MarriageToday, a ministry and nationally syndicated television program devoted to helping couples thrive in strong and fulfilling marriages and families.
● Al Robertson, entrepreneur featured with father, Phil, on “Duck Dynasty.” Married for over 30 years, his is the story of rescued love in the face of an impending divorce.
● Rick Burgess, co-host of “The Rick and Bubba Show,” bestselling author, co-founder with wife Sherri of Burgess Ministries and founder of “The Man Church”
● Jerrad Lopes, pastor and the founder of DadTired.com, a non-profit ministry focused on pointing men toward Jesus. He hosts the weekly “Dad Tired Podcast.”
● Victor Marx, sexual assault survivor and high-risk humanitarian with successful missions to Iraq, Syria, North Africa and Southeast Asia helping orphans and widows
● Tim Ross, pastor of Embassy City Church and author of Upset the World, which shows how kindness and friendliness can break down barriers and build relationships.
● Jonathan Evans, serves with his father, Dr. Tony Evans, both in the local church and the national ministry. He is the chaplain of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks.
● Sen. James Lankford, United States Senator serving Oklahoma, chairman of Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management Subcommittee, and Promise Keepers board member.
● Ken Harrison, chairman of Promise Keepers, host of the “On the Edge” podcast and author of Rise of the Servant Kings: What the Bible Says About Being a Man
● How to reconnect with your partner
● How to resolve conflict
● Positive communication
● Sex and romance
● Emotional intimacy
● The power of praying for your marriage and spouse
● Sexual integrity
Promise Keepers’ Chairman Ken Harrison said,
“Christian men today are yearning to be, as my friend Mark Batterson says, famous in their own homes. As men, we were made to lead — and to serve. When a man steps into God’s high calling, he keeps his promises and those around him get cared for and nurtured. Real men never do anything for our own gain, but we will swim in shark-infested waters for those who are counting on us.”
“The PK Virtual Marriage Summit will inform and inspire men as never before to cherish their wives and families, to be unshakeable in their commitment to making the world around them a better place, and to keep their promises no matter what.”
Initiative 2: The Promise Keepers’ Marriage Challenge
The Virtual Men’s Marriage Summit kicks off a 3-week challenge that will place you side by side virtually with other men as you build up your marriages in a concrete way. Any man, anywhere, at any time, can join the challenge through the Promise Keepers app.
The challenge will be lead on the Promise Keepers’ app and will include:
● Daily scriptures, activities and weekly challenges including leaderboards and gamification
● Video and written content, including additional resources from marriage experts
● Small, virtual groups of fellow men based upon geographic location or stage of marriage
● 21 Day Prayer Guide
Register for the Promise Keepers’ 2021 Men’s Marriage Summit at https://promisekeepers.org/marriage/ To schedule interviews with Ken Harrison or any of the speakers, contact Ashton Compton at 714-457-6489.
ABOUT PROMISE KEEPERS
Founded in 1990 by Coach Bill McCartney, Promise Keepers is one of the biggest movements of God in the history of the Church. Focused on helping men live with integrity. Promise Keepers touched the lives of seven million men through its national conferences. On October 4, 1997, over a million of these men gathered for Stand in the Gap: A Sacred Assembly of Men in the National Mall in the District of Columbia to take a stand for Christ.
Today, we’re on the move again. More than ever, America needs a revival of godly men. Our nation faces problems that can only be overcome when men of integrity — promise keeping men — fulfill their destinies as godly husbands, fathers, and leaders.
On July 16-17, 2021, 80,000 men are expected to gather from across America and around the world at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys, for its annual stadium event. To register for the event or to learn more, visit promisekeepersevent.com.