The completely free two-hour online Marriage Summit is just the beginning. Through the free Promise Keepers App, men can take daily steps to build a better marriage.
COVID-19 has had a profound impact on marriages in America—but pundits can’t agree on what that effect is. As W. Bradford Wilcox noted in “The Good and Bad News about Marriage in the Time of COVID, “The popular takes on marriage in the time of COVID-19 run all over the map. COVID-19 is straining American families. No, maybe it’s making them stronger. Divorce rates in America are soaring, says the Daily Mail, while The New York Post says, no, divorce rates are falling.”
Couples are stressed out, and while some are seeking divorce, others are experiencing, in the words of the American Family Survey, increased appreciation of their spouses and deepened commitment to their marriages. The Promise Keepers (PK) Virtual Men’s Marriage Summit is designed to provide men with the insight, encouragement, and skills they need, whether to build a stronger, more satisfying marriage, or revive a marriage that is stagnating or even in trouble.
The fourth promise of a Promise Keeper is a commitment to build strong marriages and families through love, protection, and biblical values. With this in mind, PK has created a 3-Week Marriage Challenge which uses free the Promise Keepers app to help men take practical daily steps to build the skills of a strong marriage. Any man, anywhere, at any time, can join the challenge through the app.
Ken Harrison, chairman of PK, observed:
“PK is known for assembling amazing communicators to inspire and motivate men to be godly husbands. But just as there is more to becoming a good pilot than watching an inspiring video on an F-22 Raptor, there is more to becoming a good husband than being inspired by an encouraging talk. Anything important takes will and skill. Marriage is no different.
“That’s why I’m excited about PK’s new 3-Week Challenge in the free Promise Keepers app. First, men are made for action, and the 3-Week Challenge gives men something to do every day to build not only knowledge, but skill through practice. Second, men are made for community, and through the app, men can encourage each other along the way.”
The challenge includes:
- Daily scriptures, activities and weekly challenges including leaderboards and gamification
- Additional resources, videos, and practical application from marriage experts
- Small, virtual groups of fellow men with discussion-based forums
- 21 Day Prayer Guide
Here’s what men are saying about the 3-Week Marriage Challenge:
- “Loving Day 1 – Challenge accepted!”
- “My wife needed me during painful times. I wasn’t there for her. Didn’t realize until today through Rick Burgess’ story how lonely and scared she must have been.”
- “Day 3 – Wow this is a toe stepping article. So true. I need to be better about this.”
- “This is so good. Just what I needed.”
- “Wish I had heard this a long time ago!”
- On Day 6: “Small things add up to big successes!”
The 3-Week Marriage Challenge was designed as a follow-up to the PK Virtual Marriage Summit, a free, fast-paced two-hour experience designed to provide information and inspiration just for men. It’s available on demand on Facebook and YouTube.
- Dr. Gary Chapman, counselor and author of The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, which has been a New York Times bestseller for 10 years running.
- John Bevere, co-founder of Messenger International and bestselling author. Over 40 million copies of his resources have been given away worldwide.
- Jimmy Evans, founder and CEO of MarriageToday, a ministry devoted to helping couples thrive in strong and fulfilling marriages and families. He and his wife, Karen, co-host MarriageToday, a nationally syndicated television program.
- Al Robertson, entrepreneur featured with father, Phil, on “Duck Dynasty.” Married for over 30 years, his is the story of rescued love in the face of an impending divorce.
- Dr. Gary Rosberg, co-founder of America’s Family Coaches and bestselling author with wife Barb of multiple books on marriage and family with nearly 1 million in print.
- Rick Burgess, co-host of “The Rick and Bubba Show,” bestselling author, co-founder with wife Sherri of Burgess Ministries and founder of “The Man Church”
- Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC), author of From Survive to Thrive and Promise Keepers board member
- Crawford Loritts, pastor of Fellowship Bible Church, board member for CRU, Family Life, and Chick-fil-A Inc, and author of Your Marriage Today…And Tomorrow
- Jerrad Lopes, pastor and the founder of DadTired.com, a non-profit ministry focused on pointing men toward Jesus. He hosts the weekly “Dad Tired Podcast.”
- Brad Stine, Christian stand-up comedian, actor, and writer known as “God’s Comic”
- Victor Marx, sexual assault survivor and high risk humanitarian with successful missions to Iraq, Syria, North Africa and Southeast Asia helping orphans and widows
- Dan Seaborn, founder of Winning At Home, Inc. and leader for the Marriage & Family Division of the American Association of Christian Counselors
- Tim Ross, pastor of Embassy City Church and author of Upset the World, which shows how kindness and friendliness can break down barriers and build relationships.
- Jonathan Evans, serves with his father, Dr. Tony Evans, both in the local church and the national ministry. He is the chaplain of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks.
- Sen. James Lankford, United States Senator serving Oklahoma, chairman of Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management Subcommittee, and Promise Keepers board member.
- Ken Harrison, chairman of Promise Keepers, host of the “On the Edge” podcast and author of Rise of the Servant Kings: What the Bible Says About Being a Man
- How to reconnect with your partner
- How to resolve conflict
- Positive communication
- Sex and romance
- Emotional intimacy
- The power of praying for your marriage and spouse
- Sexual integrity
To schedule interviews with Ken Harrison or any of the speakers, contact Ashton Compton at 714-457-6489.